Using cookies is especially important for the proper functioning of our website. Thanks to the (anonymous) contribution of visitors, we can improve the use of the website and make it more user-friendly.
Your consent is required for the use of certain cookies. We collect this by means of an information banner.
The type of cookies used and their purposes
We use the following cookies:
– Audience measurement cookies: they guarantee that an anonymous cookie is generated each time you visit a website. These cookies make it possible to find out whether you have visited the site before or not. A cookie is only created on the first visit. On subsequent visits, the use of the existing cookie is automatic. This cookie is only used for statistical purposes. In this way, the following data can be collected:
- – the number of single visitors;
- – the frequency with which users visit the site;
- – which pages visitors consult;
- – how long users stay on a page;
- – the page from which visitors leave the site.
– Tracking cookies: they enable us to analyse your browsing, consultation or consumption habits on the network’s sites, to offer you targeted advertising or personalized services. The profile that is established on the basis of this data is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address, etc., but is only used to match advertisements to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible. We collect your consent for these cookies. They will not be installed without your consent.
– Third party cookies: these allow us to track the pages you visit on the Internet in order to create your personal profile. This profile is not linked to your name, address, email address, etc., as stated above, but only serves to identify you as a specific visitor and to tailor advertisements to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible. We collect your consent for these cookies et they will not be installed without your consent.
– Cookies linked to social networks: these allow social networks to save the articles and pages that you share via their “Share” buttons. They may also contain tracking cookies that trace your web browsing behavior.
– Site-enhancement cookies: these allow you to test different versions of a web page to see which page is more useful.
List of cookies used
- – Google Analytics: enables measurement of the site’s audience.
- – Google Tag Manager: facilitates the implementation of tags on pages and allows you to manage Google tags.
- – Google Adsense: Google’s advertising agency using websites or YouTube videos as support for its ads.
- – Google Dynamic Remarketing: allows Google to offer you dynamic advertising based on previous searches.
- – Google Adwords Conversion: tool for tracking adwords advertising campaigns.
- – DoubleClick: Google’s ad cookies for delivering banners.
- – Facebook Connect: allows you to log in using your Facebook account.
- – Facebook Social Plugins: allows you to like, share, comment about content with a Facebook account.
- – Facebook Custom Audience: allows you to interact with your Facebook audience.
- – Twitter Button: allows you to easily share and view Twitter content.
- – Twitter Advertising: allows you to display and target ads through Twitter’s advertising network.
Your personal data and your rights
You have the right to access, rectify, limit and delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to the transferability of your data. You can exercise these rights by sending us an email to the following address: news@françoischartier.ca.
In order to prevent abuse, we may ask you to identify yourself on our website. When accessing personal data linked to a cookie, we ask you to send us a copy of the previously mentioned cookie. You can find them in your browser settings.
Blocking and deleting cookies
You can easily block and delete cookies yourself at any time using your Internet browser. You can also configure your Internet browser to receive a message when a cookie is installed. You can also specify that certain cookies cannot be installed. To do so, please consult the “Help” function of your browser. If you delete cookies from your browser, this may affect the use of our website.
Some tracking cookies are set by third parties who display advertisements to you through our website. You can delete these cookies centrally via www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please note that if you do not want cookies, we will no longer be able to guarantee the proper functioning of our website. Certain features of the site may be altered, and, in certain cases, you will no longer be able to access the site. Furthermore, refusing cookies does not mean that you will not see any advertising. Ads are no longer suited to your interests and may therefore appear more often.
The steps you need to take to adjust your settings vary from browser to browser. If necessary, consult your browser’s “Help” function, or use one of the links below to go directly to your browser’s manual.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
New developments and unanticipated cookies
It is also possible that cookies may be placed by others via our website. If you have found cookies on our website that we have not identified, please let us know by email. You can also contact the third party directly and ask them which cookies they place, for what reason, how long the cookie lasts and what measures are in place to protect your privacy.
If you have any questions and/or comments, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.